Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: due to many cancellations, it's important to check with event organisers if events currently in the calendar are taking place. If attending public events, please follow advice regarding washing your hands and wearing a mask, and exercise social distancing as advised by health authorities.
Easter at The Piano Mill
- Date: Sunday, 1 April 2018, 2 pm until sunset (the property will close at 6pm)
- Venue: The Piano Mill — [Private Property] 323 Harrigans Lane, Willsons Downfall, NSW
- Tickets: This is a free event, however registration is required online
Clocked Out returns to the bush property of Bruce and Jocelyn Wolfe, near Stanthorpe-Tenterfield, for the annual Easter Sunday sonic adventure, combining music, architecture and the environment. This unique experience invites the audience to wander among the various outdoor stages and buildings, choosing their own listening adventure. All paths lead to The Piano Mill for a 5pm sunset performance.
When you register for Easter at The Piano Mill you will receive directions to the property.
Please note: this is a remote bush property with limited facilities and dirt road access.
Easter at The Piano Mill features:
• The premieres of three new compositions for the sixteen pianos of The Piano Mill by Louise Denson, Lynette Lancini, and Vanessa Tomlinson.
• Flute, trombone, percussion and vocal performances on the picturesque bush stages by Stephen Adams, Jodie Rottle, Brodie McAllister, Vanessa Tomlinson & more
• The premiere of Hollows out of time, for prepared piano and string quartet, by composer Erik Griswold, created for the stunning new chamber music venue “Lagavulin”
“A Piano Mill is a hybrid building and musical instrument, designed and purpose-built to house sixteen reclaimed pianos in a tower structure. Constructed in Northern New South Wales, Australia, it was designed by architect Bruce Wolfe specifically for composer Erik Griswold in 2016” (www.wikipedia.com). In 2017 The Piano Mill received the APRA AMCOS Award for Excellence in Experimental Music, and the Queensland Architecture Award for “Small Project Architecture.” This is the third installment of Easter @ Piano Mill, and it promises to be yet another intriguing and surprising musical adventure.
When: 1 April 2018 (Easter Sunday), 2 pm until sunset (the property will close at 6pm)
Where: A bush property near Stanthorpe-Tenterfield.
Tickets: The event is free, but reservations are essential. Limited edition books and t-shirts will be available for purchase.
What to bring: BYO food/snacks, good walking shoes, and excellent ears.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
Featured Australian Works
||Hollows out of time : piano quintet by Erik Griswold|
— performed by Camerata (Queensland's Chamber Orchestra)
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login