Easter @ The Piano Mill
- Date: Sunday, 21 April 2019, 2pm - 5:30pm
- Venue: The Piano Mill — [Private Property] 323 Harrigans Lane, Willsons Downfall, NSW
- Tickets: General: $20 — Tickets can be purchased online
Clocked Out returns to the bush property of Bruce and Jocelyn Wolfe, on the Granite Belt, for their annual Easter Sunday sonic adventure combining music, architecture and environment. This unique experience allows listeners to wander through the forest, among various concert stages and venues, choosing their own listening adventure. The event culminates in a performance of the sixteen-piano-powered Piano Mill.
This event features:
- The premiere of new compositions for The Piano Mill by Steve Newcomb and Alistair Noble.
- Flute, trombone, percussion, movement and voice performances on the picturesque bush stages, created by Jan Baker-Finch, Kristin Berardi, Jodie Rottle, Caleb Colledge, Chloe Kim, Brodie Mcallister, Vanessa Tomlinson & more.
- Multi-media installations by Bloom Collective (including Renata Buziak and Vicki Kelleher), Stephen Adams, John Ferguson, and Paul Bardini.
- An all-star line-up of pianists including: Alex Ranieri, Alistair Noble, Anna Grinberg, Brieley Cutting, Catalynne Scott, Cathy Grant, Colin Noble, Erik Griswold, Liam Viney, Louise Denson, Michael Hannan, Steve Newcomb, and Therese Milanovic.
"A Piano Mill is a hybrid building and musical instrument, designed and purpose-built to house sixteen reclaimed pianos in a tower structure. Constructed in Northern New South Wales, Australia, it was designed by architect Bruce Wolfe specifically for composer Erik Griswold in 2016" (www.wikipedia.com).
The Piano Mill won the 2018 World Architecture Festival Award in the category of Cultural Buildings. In 2017, the Piano Mill received the APRA AMCOS Award for Excellence in Experimental Music, a State Award for Small Project Architecture in the Queensland Architecture Awards, and a Commendation for Small Project Architecture in the National Architecture Awards.
This is the fourth installment of Easter at The Piano Mill, and it promises to be yet another intriguing and surprising musical adventure.
* What's new? Limeburners - a new mystery venue! Plus we have teamed up with Tenterfield caterers Amanda and Matt from Our Place, so this year's ticketed event will offer an option of adding access to the Grazing Board with delicious regional produce provided by Amanda and Matt:
(1) $20 General Admission. Musical Adventure only.
(2) $10 Grazing Board per person.
Also available, purchase wine, beer, limited soft drinks and delicious coffee on site.
School-aged children can enjoy general admission for free!
Please visit The Piano Mill website http://www.facebook.com/thepianomill/ to keep in touch.
** Limited edition books, LPs and tea towels will be available for purchase.
*** What to bring: good walking shoes, wet or dry weather gear, insect repellent and sunscreen and excellent ears!
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
- New work by Steve Newcomb
- New work by Alistair Noble
- Performer Clocked Out
- Performer Alex Raineri
- Performer Michael Hannan
- Performer Alistair Noble
- Performer Anna Grinberg
- Performer Liam Viney
- Performer Brieley Cutting
- Performer Louise Denson
- Performer Erik Griswold
- Performer Colin Noble
- Performance/sound art by Stephen Adams
- Performer Caleb Colledge
- Performer Kristin Berardi
- Performer Chloe Kim
- Performer Vanessa Tomlinson
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login