NOW & THEN: ...now...
- Date: Saturday, 9 September 2017, 5pm
- Venue: Eleventh Hour Theatre — 170 Leicester Street, Fitzroy, VIC
- Series: This event is part of the NOW AND THEN series
- Tickets: Full: $35 | Concession: $20 | Music Student: $15 (festival passes available) — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (03) 9326 5424
New electro-acoustic pieces from the new generation of students and recent graduates.
NOW AND THEN Festival Details:
A mini-multi-celebration of voices & electronics from past & present - September 1-10
Electro-acoustic music in its varied forms has been a recurring element in Astra concerts for over 30 years. In the context of choral concerts, however, it remains something that arises “now and then” in composers’ work. This series of six events over two weekends focuses more specifically on the medium in both of its traditional practices: the combinations with live performance, and the purely electronically assembled. The six programs present work of “now” from some of Australia’s leading researchers and creators in the field, both onshore and expatriate. Equally, they also seek to re-introduce something of the “then” of earlier decades, in a medium which by now has its own sonic history of a half-century and more.
Guest soloists and instrumentalists:
The Astra Improvising Choir directed by Joan Pollock
The Astra Choir conducted by John McCaughey
Technical direction: Michael Hewes
- Performer Michael Hewes
- Performer Michael McDermid
- New work by Michael McDermid
- New work by Jeffrey Dunn
- New work by Tamara Violet Partridge
- New work by David Weaver
- New work by Dylan Imeneo
- New work by Matthew Paine
- New work by Yolanda Dorosz
- New work by Nick Saxton
- New work by Lin Sahar
- New work by Ellen Kharitou
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login