Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: due to many cancellations, it's important to check with event organisers if events currently in the calendar are taking place. If attending public events, please follow advice regarding washing your hands and wearing a mask, and exercise social distancing as advised by health authorities.
Rachel Johnston & Ashley Hribar
- Date: Sunday, 18 September 2016, 2:30pm
- Venue: Ron Radford Auditorium — Art Gallery of South Australia, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA
- Tickets: Adult: $40 | Concession: $32 | Student: $15 (+ applicable booking fees) — Tickets can be purchased online
Internationally recognised artists Rachel Johnston (cello) and Ashley Hribar (piano) come together for an intimate concert “Bach and Beyond”, exploring a polyphonic journey through traditional and contemporary works. Ashley and Rachel join us from a recently completed extensive international tours.
The program features a rich exploration of classical and contemporary music.
- BACH / Brahem Suite
- J.S. BACH – Selected preludes for keyboard and cello
- ANOUAR BRAHEM – Leila au pays du carrousel and C’est Ailleurs
- J.S. BACH/HRIBAR – Journey to Damascus (2013)
- M. SOLLIS – Hanging Rock Sonata for Cello and Piano (2011, Adelaide Premiere)
The program will also feature the Adelaide premiere of ‘Hanging Rock‘ Sonata for Cello and Piano by composer Michael Sollis.
The concert is expected to last approximately 100 minutes, including interval.
Featured non-Australian music: Bach, Anouar Brahem, Bach/Hribar
Featured Australian Works
|Hanging Rock : Sonata for cello and piano by Michael Sollis|
— performed by Ashley Hribar and Rachel Johnston
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login