Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: due to many cancellations, it's important to check with event organisers if events currently in the calendar are taking place. If attending public events, please follow advice regarding washing your hands and wearing a mask, and exercise social distancing as advised by health authorities.
- Date: Saturday, 4 February 2017 to Sunday, 5 February 2017, 1pm and 7:30pm daily
- Venue: ANU Drill Hall Gallery — Kingsley St, Acton, ACT
- Tickets: Full (per session): $30 | Concession (per session): $20 [Tickets available at the door]
SoundOut 2017 sees the extraordinary Artists:
From France: RHRR trio: Guylaine Cosseron (vocals), Fredrik Blondy (piano), Xavier Charles (Clarinet);
From New Zealand electronic-radio improvisor Sally-Anne McIntrye (Radio Cegeste);
From Austria violinists Mia Zabelka and Irene Kepl;
From Norway free jazz bassist Christian Meass Svendsen;
From Brazil, avant garde bassist Luiz Gabriel Gubeissi;
From Sydney vocal artist Sonya Holowell, drummer Bonnie Stewart and electronics artist Gail Priest;
From Melbourne: Freya Schack-Arnott (cello); Prime: (brilliant duo of Ren Walters, guitar; Scott McConnachie, alto saxophone)
From Canberra: Jess Green (guitar), Alexander Hunter (viola de gamba), Chloe Hobbs (toy piano/prepared piano); Psithurism trio (John Porter (tenor saxophone; Rhys Butler, alto saxophone; Richard Johnson, wind instruments) and brilliant young composer/improviser Ben Drury on double bass
+ many more surprise Artists.
This is the 8th year of the annual SoundOut International Festival of Free Improvisation, Free Jazz and Experimental Music, and in 2017 we will bring to you the continuation of the incredible explorative sonic arts event. This is the International Free Improvisational, Free Jazz and Experimental Music festival to will uplift tired ears, explore the unknown, see within the fabric of sound, unravel the threads of normative musical praxis, and question sonic hegemonies. With artists from Australia, Austria, Brazil, France, and Norway that will combine, mix, cross-fertilize, and move sound mountains to inspire inquiring ears.
- Jazz/improvisation by Benjamin Drury
- Jazz/improvisation by Alexander Hunter
- Jazz/improvisation by Bonnie Stewart
- Jazz/improvisation by Chloe J Hobbs
- Jazz/improvisation by Freya Schack-Arnott
- Jazz/improvisation by Gail Priest
- Jazz/improvisation by Jess Green
- Jazz/improvisation by John Porter
- Jazz/improvisation by Rhys Butler
- Jazz/improvisation by Richard Johnson
- Jazz/improvisation by Scott McConnachie
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login