Splinter Magic 2019
- Date: Sunday, 14 July 2019, 1pm
- Venue: Tempe Jets — 1 Holbeach Ave, Tempe, NSW
- Tickets: 1 session: $15/$20 | 2 sessions: $25/$15 | 3 sessions: $40/$25
Splinter Magic: a winter festival with Splinter Orchestra and friends.
Splinter Orchestra has always been an amorphous being; its shifting roster shaping the resultant music. Every Sunday sees a different subset of Splinter join together to play; this gathering is a weekly refuge for to bond, explore and create something that could be called magical.
Splinter Magic is a two day festival in July featuring subsets of Splinter and Spl-interlopers joining regular members. This event also includes the 'splintstallation'; Splinter Orchestra's mechanised ghost form. We celebrate the wider Splinter community in this titillating banquet of Sydney improvised music.
SUNDAY JULY 14th
Session III ::: 1pm
Performature, Performateur (WeiZen Ho + tbc)
Playable Glass: Live glass blowing by Mark Elliot, with musicians Clara Pitt, Johannes MacDonald, Josephine Macken and Jim Denley
180º (Amanda Stewart, Nick Ashwood + Jim Denley - "Submental" Album LAUNCH
Joshua Winestock + Johannes MacDonald
Cor Fuhler + Melanie Herbert + Clare Cooper
Disco Inferno (Romy Caen + Peter Farrar)
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
- Presented by Splinter Orchestra
- Jazz/improvisation by Jim Denley
- Jazz/improvisation by Mark Elliott
- Jazz/improvisation by Clara Pitt
- Jazz/improvisation by Josephine Macken
- Jazz/improvisation by Cor Fuhler
- Jazz/improvisation by Melanie Herbert
- Jazz/improvisation by Amanda Stewart
- Jazz/improvisation by Joshua Winestock
- Jazz/improvisation by Romy Caen
- Jazz/improvisation by Peter Farrar
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login