Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: due to many cancellations, it's important to check with event organisers if events currently in the calendar are taking place. If attending public events, please follow advice regarding washing your hands and wearing a mask, and exercise social distancing as advised by health authorities.
Splinter Magic 2019
- Date: Sunday, 14 July 2019, 1pm
- Venue: Tempe Jets — 1 Holbeach Ave, Tempe, NSW
- Tickets: 1 session: $15/$20 | 2 sessions: $25/$15 | 3 sessions: $40/$25
Splinter Magic: a winter festival with Splinter Orchestra and friends.
Splinter Orchestra has always been an amorphous being; its shifting roster shaping the resultant music. Every Sunday sees a different subset of Splinter join together to play; this gathering is a weekly refuge for to bond, explore and create something that could be called magical.
Splinter Magic is a two day festival in July featuring subsets of Splinter and Spl-interlopers joining regular members. This event also includes the 'splintstallation'; Splinter Orchestra's mechanised ghost form. We celebrate the wider Splinter community in this titillating banquet of Sydney improvised music.
SUNDAY JULY 14th
Session III ::: 1pm
Performature, Performateur (WeiZen Ho + tbc)
Playable Glass: Live glass blowing by Mark Elliot, with musicians Clara Pitt, Johannes MacDonald, Josephine Macken and Jim Denley
180º (Amanda Stewart, Nick Ashwood + Jim Denley - "Submental" Album LAUNCH
Joshua Winestock + Johannes MacDonald
Cor Fuhler + Melanie Herbert + Clare Cooper
Disco Inferno (Romy Caen + Peter Farrar)
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
- Presented by Splinter Orchestra
- Jazz/improvisation by Jim Denley
- Jazz/improvisation by Mark Elliott
- Jazz/improvisation by Clara Pitt
- Jazz/improvisation by Josephine Macken
- Jazz/improvisation by Cor Fuhler
- Jazz/improvisation by Melanie Herbert
- Jazz/improvisation by Amanda Stewart
- Jazz/improvisation by Joshua Winestock
- Jazz/improvisation by Romy Caen
- Jazz/improvisation by Peter Farrar
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login