SSO: Music of the Oud
- Date: Thursday, 20 June 2019 to Saturday, 22 June 2019, Thu 20 Jun: 6:30pm | Fri 21 Jun: 7pm | Sat 22 Jun: 7pm
- Venue: Sydney Opera House, Concert Hall — Bennelong Point, Sydney, NSW
- Tickets: Adult: $39 - $59 | Concession: $35 - $53 — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (02) 9250 7777
Joseph Tawadros with the Sydney Symphony.
Breaking boundaries. Tawadros and his oud transport us to parts beyond: Egypt and Australia, the past and the future of music.
Joseph Tawadros is one of Australian music’s most impressive and charismatic figures: a composer, improviser, storyteller and a brilliant exponent of the oud, the Egyptian lute. Classically trained on this king of Middle Eastern instruments, Tawadros’s virtuoso technique and curiosity have brought him into contact with the worlds of jazz, classical and world traditions to create music that transcends labels and shatters borders.
Classical and original music from the crossroads of East and West, and of old and new, is woven around Tawadros’s Oud Concerto. He shares an almost telepathic rapport with his brother James, leading to moments of joyous spontaneous invention.
- TAWADROS orch. Wells - Oud Concerto
- MOZART - Symphony No.25 in G minor, K183: 1st movement
- TAWADROS arr. Tawadros/Tognetti - Point of Departure
- TAWADROS arr. Buckley - Eye of the Beholder
- TAWADROS arr. Buckley - Permission to Evaporate
- TAWADROS arr. Buckley - Constantinople
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login