Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: due to many cancellations, it's important to check with event organisers if events currently in the calendar are taking place. If attending public events, please follow advice regarding washing your hands and wearing a mask, and exercise social distancing as advised by health authorities.
Ten Part Invention - 25th Anniversary
- Date: Saturday, 26 March 2011, 8.30pm
- Venue: The Sound Lounge — Seymour Theatre Centre, Cnr City Rd and Cleveland St, Chippendale, NSW
- Series: This event is part of the SIMA series
- Tickets: Non-member: $20 | Member: $15 | Student: $10 — Tickets can be purchased by phone on (02) 9351 7940
Since its debut at the 1986 Adelaide Festival Ten Part Invention has created a special place in Australian contemporary jazz as an ensemble performing music by Australia’s leading jazz composers. Its book contains outstanding pieces by Miroslav Bukovsky, Sandy Evans, the late Roger Frampton, Bob Bertles, James Greening, Mike Nock and Andrea Keller to name a few from a long list. The personnel has also been remarkably stable with only four changes in its long history.
- Jazz/improvisation by John Pochée
- Jazz/improvisation by Sandy Evans
- Jazz/improvisation by Andrew Robson
- Jazz/improvisation by Paul McNamara
- Jazz/improvisation by Miroslav Bukovsky
- Jazz/improvisation by Bob Bertles
- Jazz/improvisation by Warwick Alder
- Jazz/improvisation by James Greening
- Jazz/improvisation by Matt Ottingnon
- Jazz/improvisation by Steve Arie
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login