Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: due to many cancellations, it's important to check with event organisers if events currently in the calendar are taking place. If attending public events, please follow advice regarding washing your hands and exercise social distancing as advised by health authorities.
Winter Jazz: James Macaulay (Vic) and the Happy Hoppy Orchestra
- Date: Saturday, 9 June 2018, 8pm
- Venue: The Sound Lounge — Seymour Theatre Centre, Cnr City Rd and Cleveland St, Chippendale, NSW
- Tickets: Adults: $35 | Children: $25 | Concession: $30 — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (02) 9351 7940
National Jazz Award-winner James Macaulay recently returned from recording his dream project, Today Will Be Another Day, in Tokyo. The music is inspired by his experiences in Japan, touring with Melbourne traditional jazz band the Lagerphones and pianist Aaron Choulai. Inspired by the work of the Allan Browne Quintet, James combines lyricism and abstraction to produce new ways to organise improvisation within a jazz septet. A powerhouse cast of local musicians join him for the Sydney launch.
JAMES MACAULAY trombone WARWICK ALDER trumpet PETER FARRAR alto saxophone MATT KEEGAN tenor saxophone STEVE BARRY piano PHIL STACK bass FINN RYAN drums
SPECIAL SUPPORT: PETER DASENT TRIO
Peter Dasent is well known as a solo pianist and leader of sextet The Umbrellas, “one of the treasures of Australian music” (‘Sydney Morning Herald’). For the first time, Peter has been revisiting some of his favourite compositions written 30-40 years ago in a classic piano trio format.
PETER DASENT piano MAX ALDUCA double bass FINN RYAN drums
- Jazz/improvisation by James Macaulay
- Jazz/improvisation by Peter Dasent
- Jazz/improvisation by Warwick Alder
- Jazz/improvisation by Peter Farrar
- Jazz/improvisation by Matt Keegan
- Jazz/improvisation by Steve Barry
- Jazz/improvisation by Phil Stack
- Jazz/improvisation by Finn Ryan
- Jazz/improvisation by Max Alduca
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login