Music composition toolbox / Matthew Hindson, Damian Barbeler, Diana Blom.
ISBN: 978 0 85583 5644
For students at home or in the classroom, Music Composition Toolbox is an invaluable guide to creating and notating original composition. The self-contained module topics include guidance on developing a motive, additive rhythm, reducing and elaborating melodies, using cycles, organising material and using your inner ear. Features include:
• 21 easy-to-navigate modules
• Over 120 practical exercises
• Great tips for generating musical ideas
• Extensive musical examples with an Australian focus
• Tips for score presentation
Also includes an accompanying audio CD.
Suitable for Year 11-12 students or early tertiary students.
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login