1 November 2019
2020 AMC Artistic Associate for jazzahead! – call for expressions of interest
As part of its Australian Jazz in Europe project, the AMC is offering an Artistic Associate role to attend jazzahead! in Bremen, 23-26 April 2020. The successful candidate will have their event registration costs covered, and will receive $2,500 as a contribution to travel and accommodation expenses.
This is a high-level professional development opportunity, and offers:
• Attendance and participation in jazzahead!
• Increased awareness about international territories and those operating in them
• Networking with national and international peers and colleagues
• Introductions to key international decision-makers
• Increased profile, nationally and internationally
• Bespoke career advice
The candidate may be an emerging artist with a track record of performances, recordings, commissions, collaborations etc, ready to develop their international networks. Or, they may be an established artist with a national reputation, but yet to reach out internationally. Candidates MUST have projects that are suitable and ready for international touring.
We are seeking candidates who possess not only strong artistic skills, but who also are self-starters, good communicators and networkers. We seek candidates who are informed beyond their own practice, and who are able to speak to the wider Australian context. If you have the capacity to offer some reciprocal opportunities for other event delegates, this may work to your advantage.
To lodge an EOI, you must:
• Be a financial member of the AMC.
• Provide a 1-page CV outlining your participation, level of engagement and experience in your field, including your international experience, if any (see also description of candidates' desired personal attributes above)
• Include a brief statement (no more than 500 words) outlining how participation in the Artistic Associate Program might benefit you, and assist in achieving your goals in an international context, and why developing your international profile is important at this particular stage of your career.
• Attach 2 written references attesting to the program requirements, and supporting your candidature
• Provide your contact details, mailing address, web page URL, and links to your works/activities online - content that best represents you.
Submit your information via email to John Davis. Deadline for EOIs is at 9am AEDT on Monday 2 December 2019. The successful candidate will be informed by mid-January 2020.
A second call for EOIs for AMC Artistic Associate will be issued in the New Year, to attend the European Jazz Conference in Sofie, Bulgaria, 10-13 September 2020.
> For more information about Jazzahead, please see the website.
© Australian Music Centre (2019) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.