29 May 2019
Opportunity: AMC Artistic Associate Program for the 2019 European Jazz Conference
As part of its Australian Jazz in Europe project, the Australian Music Centre is offering the opportunity for a candidate to attend, as Artistic Associate, the European Jazz Conference in Novara, Italy, on 12-15 September 2019. The successful candidate will have their event registration costs covered, and will receive $2,500 as a contribution to travel and accommodation expenses.
The European Jazz Conference is presented by the Europe Jazz Network each year, in partnership with one of the network's members. This year the conference takes place in Novara, Italy, under the theme of 'Feed your soul'. The conference is a forum for discussion about issues that preoccupy the Europe Jazz Network and others working in jazz and improvised music, such as gender balance; cultural diversity; the environment; mobility; creating work for children and young people; and social inclusion. The annual conference attracts over 300 delegates from across Europe and beyond. Sessions on EJN themes outlined above will be included, as well as sessions about global perspectives on programming and audiences, the digitisation of the industry and showcases of Italian jazz and improvised music.
This is a high-level professional development opportunity, and offers:
• Attendance and participation in the European Jazz
• Increased awareness about international territories and those operating in them
• Networking with national and international peers and colleagues
• Introductions to key international decision-makers
• Increased profile, nationally and internationally
• Bespoke career advice
The candidate may be an emerging artist with a track record of performances, recordings, commissions, collaborations, etc., ready to develop their international networks. Or, they may be an established artist with a national reputation, but yet to reach out internationally.
We are seeking candidates who possess not only strong artistic skills, but who also are self-starters, good communicators and networkers. We seek candidates who are informed beyond their own practice, and who are able to speak to the wider Australian and international context. If you have the capacity to offer some reciprocal opportunities for other event delegates, this may work to your advantage.
To lodge an EOI, you must:
• Be a financial member of the AMC. Join
or renew your membership - to check your membership status or
number, please contact
• Provide a 1-page CV outlining your participation, level of engagement and experience in your field, including your international experience, if any (see also description of candidates' desired personal attributes above)
• Include a brief statement (no more than 500 words) outlining how participation in the Artistic Associate program might benefit you, and assist in achieving your goals in an international context, and why developing your international profile is important at this particular stage of your career.
• Attach 2 written references attesting to the program requirements, and supporting your candidature
• Provide your contact details, mailing address, web page URL, and links to your works/activities online - content that best represents you.
Deadline for expressions of interest is 5pm AEST Monday 17 June 2019. The successful candidate will be informed in early July 2019.
> Submit an EOI now by sending email to John Davis with the required attachments (AMC membership no; CV; brief statement up to 500 words; 2 references; personal details, address and web link).
© Australian Music Centre (2019) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.