Brisbane Jazz Festival
- Date: Tuesday, 27 October 2009 to Sunday, 1 November 2009
- Venue: Brisbane Powerhouse — 119 Lamington St, New Farm, QLD
- Tickets: from $29 — Tickets can be purchased online
The 3rd annual Brisbane Jazz Festival celebrates live and improvised music by some of the world’s most acclaimed and the best emerging jazz artists.
Last year’s festival was headlined by the almighty partnerships, this year the trios are out in force. With Great Britain’s Tim Garland and Neil Cowley Trios, Germany’s Carsten Daerr and Laia Genc Trios and Australia’s Matt Keegan Trio and Gerard Masters Trio. Other highlights include legendary trumpeter James Morrison with ARIA-nominated pianist Mark Isaacs and New York based pianist Barney McAll with Australian singer Gian Slater and The Jazzgrove Mothership Orchestra.
There’s also a strong local flavour with our city’s best artists taking the stage for a fine offering of free entertainment.
Contemporary compositions, cool classics, ethereal melodies, scintillating scats, Brazilian rhythms, bebop, swing and groove-induced tunes – experience the beauty of jazz.
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
- Jazz/improvisation by Mark Isaacs
- Jazz/improvisation by Matt Keegan
- Jazz/improvisation by Cameron Undy
- Jazz/improvisation by Dave Goodman
- Jazz/improvisation by James Morrison
- Jazz/improvisation by Hannah Macklin
- Jazz/improvisation by Evan Mannell
- Jazz/improvisation by Toby Wren
- Jazz/improvisation by Damian Sim
- Jazz/improvisation by Sam Pankhurst
- Jazz/improvisation by Chris Vale
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login