CONCERT 8: Sounds on site: Bells and Smells : Canberra International Music Festival (CIMF)
- Date: Monday, 2 May 2016, 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Venue: National Gallery of Australia — Parkes Place, Parkes, Canberra, ACT
- Series: This event is part of the Canberra International Music Festival 2016 series
- Tickets: Adult: $55 | Concession: $50* | Under 30: $35 | Child: $25 | Student Rush: $25
The magic of bells
An antiphony of bells by the National Carillon is followed by a Tambuco premiere in the National Portrait Gallery. Your adventure concludes with ravishing ritualistic music by Gerard Brophy in the High Court of Australia.
Antiphony, percussion and carillon
Tristan Coelho: Percussion Quartet (WP)
Claude Debussy (1862-1916): Syrinx
Anne Boyd (b. 1946): The Book of Bells
Gerard Brophy (b. 1953): Kaleghat Votives
From the Sculpture Garden at the National Gallery of Australia to the National Portrait Gallery to the High Court of Australia
* Members of the National Gallery of Australia and Circle of Friends at the National Portrait Gallery are eligible for concession rates to this concert.
Featured non-Australian music: Debussy
Featured Australian Works
||Book of the bells : for piano (1981) by Anne Boyd|
|Kalighat Votives : for soprano saxophone and string quartet by Gerard Brophy|
- New work by Tristan Coelho
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login