Ensemble Fabrique: From a Dying Land
- Date: Saturday, 12 May 2012, 4:30pm
- Venue: Ian Hanger Recital Hall — Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University, 16 Russell St, South Brisbane, QLD
- Series: This event is part of the Crossbows Festival series
Ensemble Fabrique is an Australian ensemble dedicated to the performance of both contemporary chamber/solo works and repertoire from a wide range of classical periods and styles. Known for their reinterpretations of both contemporary and established musical forms, Ensemble Fabrique has presented several successful concerts ranging from charting experimental realms of ¼ inch magnetic tape to works by composers such as J.S. Bach, Francois Couperin, Gerard Brophy, Toshio Hoskawa, Martin Feldman and Gyorgy Kurtag.
Ensemble Fabrique seeks to explore new musical possibilities in the areas of performance, collaboration and composition.
- George Crumb - Madrigals book II
- Andrew Schultz - Dead Songs (Selections)
- 2 new works by Queensland Composers
- Timothy Tate - Viola, voice
- Braxton Neate - Cello
- Stephanie Lindsell - Piano
- Katie Stenzel - Soprano
- Natalie Little - Violin
- Cameron Kennedy - Percussion
Featured non-Australian music: Crumb
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website
Featured Australian Works
||Dead songs, op. 45 : for soprano voice, clarinet in B flat, cello and piano (1991) by Andrew Schultz|
— performed by ensemble fabrique
- Performer ensemble fabrique
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login