- Date: Saturday, 25 July 2015, 7.30 pm
- Venue: Harold Lobb Concert Hall, Newcastle Conservatorium of Music — Newcastle Conservatorium of Music, Laman St, Newcastle, NSW
- Series: This event is part of the Musica Viva International Concert Series 2015 series
- Tickets: Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (02) 4929 1977
This exciting English vocal ensemble makes its debut Australian national tour with a characteristic mix of old and new, tossing early madrigals in with spectacular new works to create a delicious musical salad!
Pronounced Ee fah-joe-LEEnee (‘the little beans’), the group is acclaimed for its fearless performances of music that demand the utmost from its singers. This is extreme a cappella that ranges from the hyper-real playfulness of Janequin’s sung description of a Renaissance hunting party, to the rich imagery of a Monteverdi madrigal.
Director Robert Hollingworth leads the singers and audience effortlessly through countries and centuries, and pays tribute to his native Great Britain with Adrian Williams’ extraordinary Hymn to Awe and the exquisite sentiments of Inheritance, which was Herbert Howell’s contribution to the Queen’s coronation. The concert also features a new piece by Australian composer Andrew Schultz, especially commissioned for I Fagiolini and Musica Viva by Geoff Stearn.
Featured non-Australian music: Victoria, Gibbons, Croce, Monteverdi, Janequin, Poulenc, Howells, Williams
- New work by Andrew Schultz
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login