Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: due to many cancellations, it's important to check with event organisers if events currently in the calendar are taking place. If attending public events, please follow advice regarding washing your hands and wearing a mask, and exercise social distancing as advised by health authorities.
Make It Up Club
- Date: Tuesday, 26 May 2009, 8:30pm
- Venue: Bar Open — 317 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, VIC
- Tickets: $5/10
The final night in our series of special events for May is a celebration of wooden woodwinds. Featuring some of Melbourne's most daring and adventurous improvisers, expect to expand your ears and eyes with the sonic possibilities of this humble, instrumental family. Often dismissed as the sonic wallflower of the orchestra, woodwinds have nevertheless remained the backbone of classical symphonic timbre because of their organic resonance and adaptability in complimenting the varied sound worlds of the other orchestral sections.
In the hands of these performers, the richness and flexibility of the genus will smack you in the brain, with a series of various collaborations where extended technique and improv virtuosity will reign, and don't be surprised if you hear the tradition augmented by electronics!
- Jazz/improvisation by Jim Cuomo
- Jazz/improvisation by Sam Dunscombe
- Jazz/improvisation by Martin MacKerras
- Jazz/improvisation by Natasha Anderson
- Jazz/improvisation by Brigid Burke
- Jazz/improvisation by Joanne Canon
- Jazz/improvisation by Tony Hicks
- Jazz/improvisation by Tim Pledger
- Jazz/improvisation by Karen Heath
- Jazz/improvisation by Adam Simmons
- Jazz/improvisation by Tarquin Manek
- Jazz/improvisation by Aviva Endean
- Jazz/improvisation by Chris Young
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login