Mark Isaacs New Trio
- Date: Wednesday, 17 May 2017, 8:30pm
- Venue: Foundry616 — 616 Harris St, Ultimo, NSW
- Tickets: General: $21.50 | Concession: $16.50 | Drinks & show*: $39.50 — Tickets can be purchased online
“Every sound has such sublime musicality that Isaacs’s middle name could be ‘Nuance’“
SYKE ON STAGE
Mark Isaacs returns to his favourite Australian jazz venue after a two year absence from jazz group performing while focussed on his parallel career as a composer, conductor and pianist in classical music.
For his new jazz trio, he is joined by two of the newest crop of brilliant young players just to emerge on the scene. Together they will be exploring great melodies – whether standards or “not-so-standards” – with fervour and lyricism.
Mark’s recent classical projects have seen him conduct the premiere of his Chamber Symphony at City Recital Hall as well as conducting the Queensland Conservatorium Symphony Orchestra in a concert of his orchestral compositions. He has just completed composing his second symphony.
In jazz, his 40 year career has seen him collaborating with some of the most legendary international jazz artists including Roy Haynes, Dave Holland, Kenny Wheeler, Vinnie Colaiuta and Adam Nussbaum. He has led many acclaimed groups in Australia, toured widely internationally including major festivals like Tokyo Jazz Festival and Pori Jazz, and he has been nominated twice for the ARIA Award.
“There is a sophisticated musicality at work that is special and rare”. PAT METHENY
Mark Isaacs: piano
(Bass & Drums: TBC)
* This ticket includes $18 worth of house beverages with ticket purchase. This ticket will also secure you a seat at a table for the whole night. Includes booking fee.
- Jazz/improvisation by Mark Isaacs
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login