BRUNO MADERNA International Composers’ Forum and Competition 4th Edition 2020
- Deadline date: 19 Sep 2020 [Delivery Deadline]
- Date held: 26 - 29 October 2020
- Location: Lviv, Ukraine
- Entry fee: USD 600 plus score publication and/or editing.
- Work duration: The work must not exceed 10 minutes
The International Composers’ Forum and Competition BRUNO MADERNA was born from the idea to create a project that will work on the meeting of the contemporary music of our time, dedicated to the memory of the great italian composer of 20th century Bruno Maderna (1920-1973,) on the occasion of the centenary of the birth.
The Competition is realized by the collaboration between KLKnewmusic and the Phoenix Ensemble. The project is open to all composers of any age and nationality, who want to share their musical and personal journey, attend seminars and opportunities for discussion, on the art of our time, on the contemporary music and on the figure of the Composer in this Third Millennium. The organization will select composers who will have the opportunity to participate in the “BRUNO MADERNA COMPOSERS’ MUSIC COMPETITION 2020” from 26 to 29 October 2020 in the city of Lviv, inside the music center of Lviv Philharmonic Society.
Each composer must submit a score with organic from two to five players: piano, two violins, viola, cello.
The work must not exceed 10 minutes. All score will be sent by email (only one work for composer), in PDF format, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The selected works will be played on 29 October 2020 by Phoenix Ensemble. The concert will be recorded by a sound engineer and video recording.
Deadline: 19 September 2020.
The work must not exceed 10 minutes.
All score will be sent by email (only one work for composer), in PDF format, to email@example.com.
Each email sent to submit a score shall include:
– The score and orchestral parts must be in A4 format, (please indicate minutes of the score) as PDF file (Sibelius or Finale program);
– A second PDF-file containing the identity of the composer (name and address, nationality, telephone number, email, website, short CV) and a statement by the composer stating that the submitted work has never before been published, performed in public and/or broadcast before, nor prized in any composer’s competition. Other file format than PDF are not acceptable and will result in the submission being rejected!
There is no registration form.
The Composition Staff will select the best composers, from all the application submitted, no later than 21 September 2020.
The tuition fee for all participants selected is EUR 590:
EUR 590 + 5% tax to be paid no later than 29 September 2020 by Paypal on email firstname.lastname@example.org;
The tuition fee includes:
- participation at rehearsals and check sound ofthe selected composers during the period 26 > 29 October 2020;
- Final concert in Philharmonia with the works selected and performed by Phoenix Ensemble;
- professional audio/video recording of the final concert;
- certificate of participation.
The tuition fee does not include:
Administrative secretary for the International Music Composers’ Competition BRUNO MADERNA 2020 is Ms. Anastasiya Kodola.
For any question about the tuition fee and payment method write to email@example.com.
Please send a PDF file with your payment check to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paolo Ugoletti (ITA) – President;
- Bogdhana Frolyak (UKR) – Composer;
- Domenico Clapasson (ITA) – Composer;
- Ferdinando Nazzaro (ITA) – Composer, Artistic Director KLKnewmusic;
Three prizes will be awarded.
- 1 Prize – USD 600, and the score published by Aldebaran Editions.
- 2 Prize – score edited by Aldebaran Editions
- 3 Prize – score edited by Aldebaran Editions
The Composition Staff reserves the right not to award the prize and to award Special Mentions of merit.
Contact: KLK New Music