Chamber Made: Hi-Viz Practice Exchange 2020
- Deadline date: 20 Oct 2020 [Registration Deadline]
- Date held: 10am - 4pm (AEDT), 22 October 2020
- Location: Online, Australia
- Entry fee: Free! Registration required by 5pm (AEDT) 20 October 2020
- Entry restriction: This event is for women and non-binary artists working at the intersections of performance, sound and music.
Chamber Made’s Hi-Viz Practice Exchange is back for 2020 and we’re taking it online.
With artist talks, listening sessions, participatory workshops, provocations, break out sessions, and performance, Hi-Viz is a day dedicated to artistic practice designed to stimulate, connect, and recharge.
We are all sharing one of the most unusual years in our lifetimes where time has become slippery, bodies dangerous, and the real and virtual increasingly entangled. What happens to artistic practice at a time like this? How does collaboration and creating new work shift? What do you let go of and what are you determined to hold onto?
Please join us online to tease out some of these questions.
Our program for the day includes:
- artist talk with renowned Canadian sound artist Janet Cardiff
- interactive experimental workshop with local music and media art mavericks Aviva Endean and Cobie Orger
- a listening experience by artist Roslyn Oades
- artist provocateurs Fayen d’Evie, Sonya Holowell and Tariro Mavondo
- breakout room discussions
- Hi-Viz Short Work Commission by Sui Zhen, Carla Zimbler and Megan Payne
We will also have two sound artists-in-residence – Bec Fary and Nat Grant – and two writers-in-residence – Olivia Muscat and Sarah Walker – to capture and reflect on the day.
More details about the timing of each session, links and further information will be sent out to you after registration. You will have the option to attend the full day or individual sessions.
As with all Hi-Viz Practice Exchange events, this day is for women and non-binary artists working at the intersections of performance, sound and music. The day will be Auslan interpreted and key sessions will be text-captioned. As there will be break out sessions on the day, please indicate in your registration if you will require Auslan interpretation for these.
If you have any access requirements or other questions please email the Hi-Viz producer Lana Nguyen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please spread the word! One of the benefits of an online event is it makes attending accessible for a broad range of artists and participants both near and far.
We are really looking forward to delving deep into practice with you and making space for art, conversation and exchange.
Hi-Viz is generously supported by the Helen Macpherson Smith Trust and The SUBSTATION. The project has also been assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body
Contact: Lana Nguyen, Hi-Viz producer, Chamber Made
Phone: +61 3 9090 7095
Mailing Address: PO Box 302, North Melbourne VIC 3051 Australia