International Call for Scores by Blow Up Percussion : FIRST EDITION 2020
- Deadline date: 10 Sep 2020 [Delivery Deadline] — Visit our current Opportunities for upcoming competitions, workshops and more.
- Date held: Results published no later than the 20 September 2020
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Total prizes: Performance
- Entry restriction: Open to composers under the age of 39.
As part of the series of concerts and masterclasses 'Cerimoniali Ritmici 2020', Blow Up Percussion, legally represented by the eponymous association, advertises an international call for scores selecting four works by composers under-39.
The shortlisted works will be part of the festival held in Rome between September and October 2020.
Scores (no more than two for each candidate) must be written for a percussion ensemble, be it a duo or a quartet, or, alternatively, for a percussion solo.
The use of electronics (live and tape) is permitted.
Should the candidate send two scores, one of them will have to be for solo percussion.
Both scores may include the use of electronics (live and tape), or may be both acoustic.
If the score requires other instruments or particular items, composers must provide them to the ensemble in time for rehearsals; failing to do so will grant the ensemble the right to decide whether to perform the piece or not.
In order to take part to 'CALL FOR SCORES' it is necessary to send the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th of September 2020:
- copy of the candidate’s ID;
- up to two scores through pdf attachment or permanent link;
- program notes or presentation of the pieces in English and, possibly, in Italian;
- (optional) link to one/ two recordings on Soundcloud/ Youtube/ Vimeo/ personal site etc. or midi registration;
- short CV (up to 1500 words);
- one high resolution and copyright free photo;
- receipt of payment of EUR 30 (for one score) or EUR 40 (for two scores) by bank transfer (payment details are on the competition website).
Application email must be sent as shown below:
Subject: NAME + SURNAME – Blow Up Percussion Call for Scores.
Selection results will be published no later than the 20th September 2020.
All the shortlisted composers will have to send the score and parts by email, without charges, within 15 days from the results. They will be asked to sign a waiver of rights for recordings, videos and photos made by Blow Up Percussion (this documentation will not be used for commercial purpoes). In addition to that, selected composers will have to be available for the ensemble in order to study and rehearse the submitted material.
In case of successful application, Blow Up will provide the test calendar as soon as possible to allow composers to attend the tests if they wish. The association will provide selected non Romebased composers with both useful suggestions on overnight stays and instructions for reaching rehearsals and concert venues. However, travel and accommodation costs will not be subsidised. For further details please contact email@example.com .
Personal data provided by the participants will be treated in accordance with the provisions of Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003, communicating them to third parties only and exclusively for reasons related to the event covered by this announcement. Data Controller of personal data and documentation will remain:
Associazione Culturale Blow Up Percussion,
Via Appia Pignatelli 233, 00178 Rome (Italy).
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ORGANISATION:
The organisation will not be responsible for any incident or delay caused by unforeseen technical issues, as well as the reception and evaluation of the material submitted by the applicants.
Contact: Associazione Culturale Blow Up Percussion
Mailing Address: Via Appia Pignatelli 233, 00178 Rome (Italy)