Sheet Music: Score
Big Fella Bunyip : for guitar orchestra in four movements / Meredith Connie.
by Meredith Connie (2020)
Inspired by Oodgeroo Noonuccal's poem "The Bunyip (You keep quiet now, little fella)" and the illustrated children's book "I listened and I looked" by Sue Briggs and Donna Leslie.
1. sleep won't come: The Bunyip lives in the water, everybody knows it. At night sometimes you can hear it - maybe tonight it will come. My blanket is up around my chin as I listen to the night.
2. listen and wait: The call, the roar, the insects, the water. It is all so loud in my ears.
3. something we don't know: I breathe as softly as I can, I wait as quietly as I can. Only when I hear the bubbles as he sinks back into the mud will I be safe.
4. curl up together: Come lie with me, yellow dingo, keep me warm, keep me company. Together we will sleep through the night.
Published by: Australian Music Centre — 1 facsimile score (19p. -- A4 (portrait))
Difficulty: Medium — Designed to accommodate performers of multiple skill levels
Duration: 12 min.
I. sleep won't come -- II. listen and wait -- III. something we don't know -- IV. curl up together.
Includes program and performance notes.
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works for Guitar ensembles
- Browse other works by Meredith Connie
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login