Sheet Music: Score
One minute wonders : twenty-four preludes for piano in all keys / by Paul Sarcich.
by Paul Sarcich (2010)
These are intended to be teaching rather than concert pieces, but that does not preclude concert performance.
- to provide a set of studies in 24 keys, each about 1min in length
- to write in traditional forms but give them a contemporary edge
- to provide exercises in particular techniques and styles
- to make the pieces challenging but not unattainable for piano students who are at intermediate passing to higher level
- to make the pieces somewhat quirky and "unpredictable" as part of the challenge
The somewhat tongue-in-cheek mottos at the heads of some of the pieces are there to encourage a sense of fun in the approach, even though each piece is a serious exercise in style, form or technique. They are however, open to experiment on the part of the player.
Published by: Australian Music Centre — 1 facsimile score (52p. -- A4 (portrait))
Difficulty: Medium — Various levels of difficulty across the collection
Duration: 25 mins
Includes program notes.
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works for Solo Piano
- Browse other works by Paul Sarcich
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login