Sheet Music: Score
Russian rag : for 11 instruments / Elena Kats-Chernin.
by Elena Kats-Chernin (2007)
This piece was originally written in 1996 for a pianist Donna Coleman, as a commission from ABC Classics, for her CD "Rags to Riches". It was my first ever Ragtime and it has a slightly nostalgic feel, with a slight reference to Russian Cafe Music. Written in a rondo form.
Published by: Australian Music Centre (under licence from Boosey & Hawkes) — 1 score (9p. -- B4 (portrait))
Includes program note.
Based on an arrangement for the Sydney Omega Ensemble.
This work is also available in the following products:
This work also exists as the following versions:
- Bassoon with piano
- Solo Piano
- Viola with piano
- Clarinet with piano
- Trios: Clarinet, trombone, piano
- Trios: Flute, piano, cello
- Violin with piano
- Music theatre
- Quartets: 4 Clarinets
- Duos: 2 Bassoons
- Unknown instrumentation
- Trios: Clarinet, piano, cello
- String Quartets
- Piano Trios
- Quintets: Saxophone, 2 violins, viola, cello
- Flute with piano
- Orchestral music
- Octets: Clarinet, trumpet, marimba, harp, violin, viola, cello, double bass
- Duos: Pianos (4 hands)
- Brass, String, Woodwind ensembles
- Browse other works published by Australian Music Centre (under licence from Boosey & Hawkes)
- Browse other works for Large chamber ensembles
- Browse other works by Elena Kats-Chernin
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: Kalkadungu - William Barton wins 2012 ARIA for Best Classical Album
- Program note: Elena Kats-Chernin's "Russian Rag"
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login