Sheet Music: Score & Part(s)
Russian rag : for string quartet / Elena Kats-Chernin.
by Elena Kats-Chernin (1996)
This piece was originally written in 1996 for a pianist Donna Coleman, as a commission from ABC Classics, for her CD "Rags to Riches". It was my first ever Ragtime and it has a slightly nostalgic feel, with a slight reference to Russian Cafe Music. Written in a rondo form.
Published by: Boosey & Hawkes/Bote & Bock, Berlin — 1 score
Duration: 3 min.
This music is available for special order. Orders can take up to 6 weeks to arrive in Australia. Please contact us directly with any questions: email@example.com
This edition produced 23 Sep 07.
This work is also available in the following products:
This work also exists as the following versions:
- Bassoon with piano
- Trios: Clarinet, piano, cello
- Violin with piano
- Viola with piano
- Clarinet with piano
- Trios: Clarinet, trombone, piano
- Large chamber ensembles
- Music theatre
- Quartets: 4 Clarinets
- Duos: 2 Bassoons
- Unknown instrumentation
- Solo Piano
- Piano Trios
- Quintets: Saxophone, 2 violins, viola, cello
- Trios: Flute, piano, cello
- Flute with piano
- Orchestral music
- Octets: Clarinet, trumpet, marimba, harp, violin, viola, cello, double bass
- Duos: Pianos (4 hands)
- Brass, String, Woodwind ensembles
- Browse other works published by Boosey & Hawkes/Bote & Bock, Berlin
- Browse other works for String Quartets
- Browse other works by Elena Kats-Chernin
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: Kalkadungu - William Barton wins 2012 ARIA for Best Classical Album
- Program note: Elena Kats-Chernin's "Russian Rag"
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login