Sheet Music: Score
Terpsichore, Op. 7 : 'The whirler', or 'Muse of dance', poème de danse for full orchestra / Jonathan Little.
by Jonathan David Little (2005)
Another in a series of intense and ethereal or (as here) kaleidoscopically vibrant and sparkling symphonic portraits of the Nine Muses.
Published by: Wirripang [M720072 23 4] — 1 score (129p. -- A4 (portrait))
Difficulty: Advanced — Includes some virtuoso passages for section principals - being especially demanding for horns, 2 solo violins and percussion
Duration: 15 mins
1. -- The precocious Muse begins her wild, whirling dance -- 2. Entrancing Terpsichore dazzles all those who behold her -- 3. A most majestic and dramatic solo performer -- 4. The beguiling Muse slows and strikes a pose -- 5. Her frenzied dance resumes -- 6. The Muse displays her hypnotic, swaying gracefulness -- 7. She pauses one last time -- 8. Her recollection of past glories, and homage to the ancient circular dances -- 9. The capricious Terpsichore’s Finale!
Reduced study score
Includes biographical notes on the composer.
ISMN: M720072 23 4
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works published by Wirripang
- Browse other works for Orchestral music
- Browse other works by Jonathan David Little
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: Creating and recording Polyhymnia
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login