Sheet Music: Score
The True Samaritan : four unaccompanied motets / music by Nigel Butterley
by Nigel Butterley (1958)
Published by: Wirripang [M-720072-17-3] — 1 score (32p. -- A4 (portrait))
Duration: 14 mins
Morning fanfare -- The True Samaritan -- My wishes -- Surrexit dominus.
First performance 1976. Intervarsity Choral Festival in Hobart, Tasmania.
First published by J. Albert & Son, 1976. Then by Hovea Music Press (Perth) in 2001.
Includes programme note, complete lyrics and biographical notes on the composer.
Text for 'Morning fanfare' by William Austin, and for 'Surrexit Dominus' by William Dunbar. Text of the other 2 motets are anon.
This edition produced 1976.
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works published by Wirripang
- Browse other works for Unaccompanied SATB Choir
- Browse other works by Nigel Butterley
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: Nigel Butterley and the Problem that Wasn’t
- PDF: Musica Viva at Six-Butterley-1985
by Musica Viva and the Song Company
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login