31 July 2020
MOMENTUM commission announced
The AMC is pleased to announce the MOMENTUM Commission and call for Expressions of Interest.
One of our leading composers has generously provided an amount of $5,000 to support a very special opportunity. The MOMENTUM Commission offers practical support to a composer to forge forward during these uncertain times with the essential work of creating art. The commission recognises that resilience and positive momentum are integral to creative process, and provides a breathing and thinking space within which the work of art may continue to flourish.
This opportunity acknowledges the current need for established composers/creators who don't have ongoing employment, or a regular income, to be able to develop and/or create a new work. Candidates for this opportunity need to demonstrate that they have already produced a significant body of work over some time.
Possible ideal outcomes include the completion of a work for live performance either in a concert presentation or via an online platform, or furthering the creative development of a larger project.
Applicants must be established composers - Australian citizens or permanent residents - who have developed a significant body of work over some time, and be current members of the AMC. (If you have been unable to maintain your membership with AMC due to financial reasons, please contact us).
Your EOI must include:
• A short biography (max. 300 words)
• A short explanation about why you need financial support at this time to continue your work as a composer. In your response please reference how you have sustained yourself in the past, and since March 2020. Include any grants and paid commissions that you have received in the past three years. (max. 200 words, plus list of grants and paid commissions)
• A descriptive overview of your existing works (max. 200 words), including a link to a full list
• A description of what you propose to do whilst supported by the commission in 2020, including a proposed completion date (300 words)
Other support material accompanying your EOI might include:
• an endorsement, or evidence of confirmation of a future performance from a performer/presenter
• a plan for how your work might be realised
• a description of how this commission might contribute to a larger project plan.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a report by 31 Jan 2021 outlining details of the work undertaken.
Call issued at the end of July.
Application deadline: 5pm AEST on Friday 21 August.
Result announced in September.
Project completion date as negotiated with successful applicant.
Submitting your EOI
Please submit your Expression of Interest, with requested attachments, via email to email@example.com with the subject line 'MOMENTUM EOI', by the deadline 5pm AEST on Friday 21 August.
> See also: MOMENTUM commission - AMC Online
© Australian Music Centre (2020) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.