The SSO celebrates Paul Goodchild
- Date: Wednesday, 8 May 2019, 6:30pm
- Venue: Sydney Opera House, Concert Hall — Bennelong Point, Sydney, NSW
- Tickets: Adult: $55 - $115 | Concession: $49 - $95 | Under 30: $49 — Tickets can be purchased online or by phone on (02) 9250 7777
A thrilling celebration of the inextinguishable power of the music and Paul Goodchild’s brazen artistry.
‘Music is life, and like it inextinguishable.’ Carl Nielsen’s Fourth Symphony blazes with passion, an embodiment of the dynamic energy of creation. For Nielsen, music lives ‘tenfold more intensely than any living thing’, and a performance of the Inextinguishable, says critic Tom Service, ‘should leave you battered yet uplifted, dazed but thrilled’.
William Lovelock’s tuneful Australian classic concerto lets Associate Principal Trumpet Paul Goodchild shine. Jaunty, springing rhythms capture the spirit of the trumpet, and Lovelock spotlights its hidden talent for lyrical song.
Sibelius’s rousing Finlandia begins the concert with a life-affirming celebration of music’s power, and a virtual anthem for Finnish independence and freedom everywhere.
- *MACENS - The Space Between Stars
- LOVELOCK - Trumpet Concerto
- NIELSEN - Symphony No.4, The Inextinguishable
Featured non-Australian music: Nielsen
Further information for this event is available online at the event's website or by phone on (02) 9250 7777
Featured Australian Works
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login