Digital Sheet Music [PDF]: Score
Big Fella Bunyip : for guitar orchestra in four movements [eScore] / Meredith Connie.
by Meredith Connie (2020)
Available for immediate download
Inspired by Oodgeroo Noonuccal's poem "The Bunyip (You keep quiet now, little fella)" and the illustrated children's book "I listened and I looked" by Sue Briggs and Donna Leslie.
1. sleep won't come: The Bunyip lives in the water, everybody knows it. At night sometimes you can hear it - maybe tonight it will come. My blanket is up around my chin as I listen to the night.
2. listen and wait: The call, the roar, the insects, the water. It is all so loud in my ears.
3. something we don't know: I breathe as softly as I can, I wait as quietly as I can. Only when I hear the bubbles as he sinks back into the mud will I be safe.
4. curl up together: Come lie with me, yellow dingo, keep me warm, keep me company. Together we will sleep through the night.
Published by: Australian Music Centre — 1 digital (PDF) facsimile score (19p. -- A4 (portrait))
Difficulty: Medium — Designed to accommodate performers of multiple skill levels
Duration: 12 min.
I. sleep won't come -- II. listen and wait -- III. something we don't know -- IV. curl up together.
Includes program and performance notes.
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works for Guitar ensembles
- Browse other works by Meredith Connie
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login