One minute wonders : twenty-four preludes for piano in all keys
by Paul Sarcich (2010)
Score SampleView a sample of the score of this work
$38.00Add to cart
$50.64Add to cart
Library shelf no. 786.2192/SAR 1 [Available for loan]
These are intended to be teaching rather than concert pieces, but that does not preclude concert performance.
- to provide a set of studies in 24 keys, each about 1min in length
- to write in traditional forms but give them a contemporary edge
- to provide exercises in particular techniques and styles
- to make the pieces challenging but not unattainable for piano students who are at intermediate passing to higher level
- to make the pieces somewhat quirky and "unpredictable" as part of the challenge
The somewhat tongue-in-cheek mottos at the heads of some of the pieces are there to encourage a sense of fun in the approach, even though each piece is a serious exercise in style, form or technique. They are however, open to experiment on the part of the player.
Duration: 25 min.
Difficulty: Medium — Various levels of difficulty across the collection
- In the form/style of: Preludes
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this work.
To post a comment please login.