21 November 2018
Australian music in AMEB's new Piano Syllabus
The newly revised AMEB Piano Syllabus is out and features works by many AMC-represented composers, including Margaret Brandman, Andrew Ford, Miriam Hyde, Rosalind Carlson, Sonny Chua, John Peterson, Larry Sitsky, Carl Vine, Elissa Milne, and others. Copies of the syllabus are available from music retailers, and you can also download the manual digitally from AMEB's online shop.
When selecting new repertoire from the AMEB syllabus look for the AMC listed as the publisher. Don't forget that we stock Australian music by a range of other publishers, including Faber Music, Wirripang, Flexi-Fingers, Currency Press, Schott, Schirmer, and more.
Here is a selection of Australian works from the revised Piano Syllabus, available right now from the AMC Shop:
• The dancing brolgas, in the compilation Australian piano
pieces for children by Rosalind Carlson; $15 +
• Cherry blossom time, from Neighbours Suite : for piano solo by Miriam Hyde; $8 + postage
• Follow me by Sally Mays, available in the compilation Australian Piano Music; $21.95 + postage
• Chasing tornados, in the compilation Another pinch and a stronger dash : 8 pieces for solo piano grades 1-3 by Jocelyn E Kotchie; $28 + postage
• The galloping horse, in the compilation Flexi-fingers : five concert pieces by Rosalind Carlson; $19.95 + postage
• Life in a Shell No. 14 by Andrew Ford, available in
either 10 easy waltzes
from 'The waltz book'; $29.55 + postage, or as part of
The waltz book;
$93.95 + postage
• Flower riddle No. 6, available in 24 Chinese folk songs for piano arranged by Julian Yu; $41.15 + postage
• Two easy pieces for piano by Peter Sculthorpe; $23 + postage
• Allegretto No. 1 AND Lento No. 4 by Ross
Edwards, available in Five little piano
pieces; $26.40 + postage
• A quiet obsession by John Peterson, in the compilation Wirripang Australian piano anthology 2011: Book one, Grades 1-4 edited by Katie Zhukov; $35 + postage
Grade 5 SOLO
• Birds in the swamp, in the compilation
Relaxation for piano: back to nature - a collection of seven calm
expressive pieces for piano solo by Barbara Durham; $30
• Only one note by Larry Sitsky, in the compilation Century : Advanced: Volume 3; $35 + postage
• Good morning No. 1 AND The hurdy gurdy Man No. 3 by Eugene Goossens, available in Kaleidoscope, op. 18: twelve short pianoforte pieces; $19.99 + postage
Grade 5 COLLABORATIVE
• Mulga Bill by Elissa Milne, in the compilation Pepperbox jazz 1; $21 + postage
Grade 6 SOLO
Grade 7 SOLO
• Contrasts: piano
solo by Betty Beath; $10.40 + postage
• Spartacus by Carl Vine, available in the compilation Red blues: 4 intermediate pieces for piano; $23 + postage
• Ear-rings from Spain, available in the compilation Miriam Hyde piano: seven pieces for solo piano; $50 + postage
Grade 7 COLLABORATIVE
• Jamaican rumba by Arthur Benjamin, arranged for piano duet by Joan Trimble; $16.55 + postage
Grade 8 SOLO
• Il gubbo : for
piano by Nigel Butterley; $15 + postage
• Prelude : for piano solo by Ann Carr-Boyd; $18 + postage
• Nocturne canonique by Larry Sitsky, in the compilation Century: Advanced, Volume 3; $35 + postage
Grade 8 COLLABORATIVE
How to place an order with the AMC
• Log in with your online account! Follow the links above, or
search using work title, composer etc. Have your credit card
handy for pre-payment.
• Call 1300 651 834 / 02 9935 7805
• Schools & retailers only: to pay on account, please email us your official Purchase Order.
© Australian Music Centre (2018) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.