ASO in Port Pirie
- Date: Wednesday, 3 July 2019, 7pm
- Venue: Northern Festival Centre — 106 Gertrude St, Port Pirie, SA
- Tickets: Adult: $50 | Concession: $45 | Under 17: $15 — Tickets can be purchased online
This July the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra brings Port Pirie a concert featuring favourite classical music’s favourite moments, conducted by the inimitable Guy Noble.
Start your musical journey exploring the bustling streets and salons of Italy as seen through the lens of two quintessential Italian composers Rossini and Mascagni, and a re-imagining of the Italian style by English composer Benjamin Britten. Then, a whirlwind journey: visit a towering cave in the British Isles, join a poignant personal tribute on the fields of the First World War, and find love and tragedy in Provence, France.
Join the ASO for an entertaining, yet awe-inspiring evening of orchestral favourites.
Program to include
- Rossini Overture to the Barber of Seville
- Mascagni Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana
- Kats-Chernin Mythic
- Britten Soirées musicales (after Rossini)
- Mendelssohn The Hebrides (Fingal’s Cave)
- Howells Elegy for Viola, String Quartet, and String Orchestra
- Bizet L'Arlésienne: Suite No. 2
Featured non-Australian music: Rossini, Mascagni, Britten, Mendelssohn, Howells, Bizet
Featured Australian Works
||Mythic : full orchestra (2004) by Elena Kats-Chernin|
— performed by Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and Guy Noble
User reviews & comments
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions or insights about this event.
To post your comment please login