Antarctica / Nigel Westlake ; performed by Tim Kain, Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
by Nigel Westlake (1992)
Instrumentation: Amplified guitar, 2 flutes (1st and 2nd doubling piccolo, 2nd doubling alto flute), 2 oboes (2nd doubling cor anglais), 2 clarinets in B flat and A (2nd doubling bass clarinet), 2 bassoons, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones, bass trombone, 4 French horns in F, percussion (1 player), timpani, harp, strings.
Duration: 22 mins
Published by: Tall Poppies — 4 MP3 files (ZIP archive)
Recorded/performed at: The Ballroom, Government House, Hobart
1. The last place on Earth -- 2. Wooden ships -- 3. Penguin ballet -- 4. The ice core/Finale.
This work is also available in the following products:
- Browse other works published by Tall Poppies
- Browse other works for Guitar with full orchestra
- Browse other works by Nigel Westlake
Analysis & Media
- Resonate Article: Music of the Spirit: Research Abstracts
- Resonate Article: Asia-Pacific Musics as an Impetus for Upper Primary Class Composition
- Video tape: Westlake lecture.
- Article: Interesting display of contemporary work
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login