29 October 2018
ISCM 2019 in Estonia: Australian works submitted
The Australian ISCM section's official submission for the 2019 ISCM World New Music Days in Tallinn and Tartu, Estonia (2 - 10 May 2019) has been lodged, and includes the following works:
• Rosalind Page:
Horizon (2018) for SATB and hand drum
• Cathy Milliken: Memorial / Traces (2011) for 1 - 5 (or more) instruments/voices
• Paul Clift: Shadow art II (2018) for flute, voice, and electronics
• Annie Hsieh: In talentum of light (2016) for orchestra
• Tristan Coelho: read/write error (2015) for mixed ensemble
• Luke Styles: Vanity (2012) for tenor and baritone soloists, SSAA choir, and period violin
Congratulations to these composers on their selection. The festival will now consider which works it will select for inclusion in the festival program - at least one work from each official submission will be performed during the festival. AMC will relay the announcement of the program as soon as it has been made.
© Australian Music Centre (2018) — Permission must be obtained from the AMC if you wish to reproduce this article either online or in print.
Subjects discussed by this article:
Be the first to share add your thoughts and opinions in response to this article.
You must login to post a comment.