Sheet Music: Score
Journey to Horseshoe Bend : piano/vocal score / music: Andrew Schultz ; words: Gordon Kalton Williams, after T.G.H. Strehlow ; piano/vocal score: Julie Simonds
Based on the autobiographical novel by T.G.H. Strehlow with a libretto by Gordon Kalton Williams.
Published by: Australian Music Centre — 1 facsimile score (163p. -- A4 (portrait))
Duration: 1 hours
1. Hermannsburg -- 2. Idracowra -- 3. Horseshoe Bend.
First performance by David Porcelijn, Rodney Macann, David Bruce, John Stanton, Aaron Pedersen, Sydney Symphony, Sydney Philharmonia Motet Choir, Ntaria Ladies Choir, John Wregg — 28 May 03. Concert Hall, Sydney Opera House.
Includes libretto and pronunciation guide.
Orchestra is divided into four groups.
This work is also available in the following products:
Score: Journey to Horseshoe Bend : based on the novel by T.G.H. Strehlow, symphonic cantata for solo voices, narrators, choirs and orchestra / music by Andrew Schultz ; libretto by Gordon Kalton Williams
- Browse other works for Multiple choirs with orchestra
- Browse other works by Andrew Schultz
Analysis & Media
- Article: Wollongong composer brings life to old tale.
- Document: Andrew Schultz's "Journey to Horseshoe Bend"
- Article: Scored in black and white
- Article: Music and the meaning of water
by Andrew Schultz
Naxos Musicology International (2 May 2020)
Be the first to share your thoughts, opinions and insights about this item.
To post a comment please login